SCENIC CHAIR RIDE & HIKING
SCENIC CHAIR RIDE & HIKING
LET NATURE’S BEAUTY SURROUND YOU | BUY TICKETS
Take a scenic chair ride to the top and enjoy stunning views of the Adirondack and Vermont Mountains, and the Hudson River Valley region. A scenic lift ride is the perfect way to get a birds-eye view of the surrounding area. Relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of Mother Nature as you gracefully soar to the peak of West Mountain. Once you arrive at the top, try hiking on the mixed-use cross-country trails including the “Crow’s Nest” trail that will take you to West Mountain’s Beautiful Scenic Hudson River Valley Overlook. We also suggest stopping for a picnic at one of our many picnic locations (Picnic packages available for purchase here). Hikers can then take the chairlift back down to the base area or follow the “Slideshow” trail down the mountain to the Base Lodge. Hikers are welcome to hike on the regular ski trails with their access band. Fun and fitness for the whole family, a group of friends, or romantic outing! Buy Your Tickets Today.
2020 Rates: $10 (12yrs and under), $15 (13yrs +)
Click Here to view the map (PDF)
- COVID-19: Masks are required for loading/unloading lift, when indoors for any reason, and when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- All guests must have a signed waiver to receive a ticket or access band to participate in all activities.
- Uphill travel is only allowed on the property during summer operational hours and requires a summer season pass or day ticket.
- All chairlift riders/hikers need to wear appropriate athletic footwear.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- All children under 18 must have a signed waiver by a parent and/or legal guardian.
- Keep the mountain clean. Do not litter. Throw all garbage in garbage cans.
- Smoking of any kind is not allowed on the property.
- Pets are not allowed.
West Mountain Code:
Do not ski/ride/bike/hike/climb alone. Be safe, wear a helmet when engaging in activities at West Mountain. Know your ability and do not try to exceed it. If in doubt, seek help. You can always ask a mountain attendant for assistance or walk your bike down. Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or cannot be seen by other mountain users. Be aware of others on our mixed use trails. Observe all CLOSED TRAIL signs, barriers and caution ropes. Do not ski/ride/hike off designated trails. Do not disturb animals or plants on the mountain. No fires are allowed on West Mountain property. Skiing, Riding, Tubing, Hiking, Mountain Biking or any other activity are not allowed on the property during non-business hours.