Scenic Chair Rides/Hiking
Come to West Mountain and Enjoy the Beautiful Views With a Scenic Chairlift Ride!
Our Scenic Chairlift Rides to the Mountaintop offer stunning views of the Adirondack and Vermont Mountains, and the Hudson River Valley region. A scenic lift ride is the perfect way to see the beautiful region in a whisk. Once you arrive at the top of the mountain, we suggest hiking on our mixed-use cross-country trails including our “Crow’s Nest” trail that will take you to West Mountain’s Beautiful Scenic Hudson River Valley Overlook. We also suggest stopping for a picnic at one of our many picnic locations (picnic packages available). Hikers can then take the chairlift back down to the base area or they can follow our “Slideshow” trail down the mountain to the Base Lodge. Hikers are also welcome to hike on our regular ski trails with their access band. Please wear appropriate athletic footwear. It’s fun and fitness for the whole family, a group of friends, or romantic outing! We also have several games and food and beverage at the Main Base Area. We will open for Scenic Chairlift Rides July 4, 2020. Please pre-book your tickets online beginning June 24, 2020 and at least 1 day in advance of your visit to be guaranteed, or purchase same day at the ticket window.
Scenic Chair Rides/Hiking
2020 SCENIC CHAIR RIDE/HIKING PRICING
- $10/12 and Under
- Masks will be required for loading/unloading lift, when indoors for any reason, and when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- All tickets must be pre-booked online at westmountain.com atleast 1 day prior to visit to be guaranteedUphill travel is only allowed on the
- property during summer operational hours and requires a summer season pass or day access ticket
- We do not allow pets or smoking on the property
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Children must be able to sit alone to ride the chairlift
- All children under 18 must have a signed waiver by an adult
- Must have an access band to ride the Chairlift and hike
- All Chairlift riders/hikers need to wear appropriate athletic footwear
- Please stay home if feeling sick
Know the West Mountain Code
Do not hike/bike alone. Be Safe, Wear a Helmet when riding at WestMountain. Use Caution when getting on/off the chairlift. Wear appropriate footwear. Know your riding ability and do not try to exceed it. If in doubt, you can always walk your bike. Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or cannot be seen by other mountain users. Be aware of hikers on our mixed use trails. Observe all CLOSED TRAIL signs, barriers and Caution ropes and signage. Do Not ride/hike off designated trails. Do not disturb animals or plants on the mountain. No Fires are Allowed on West Mountain Property. Please do not litter. Mountain Biking/hiking is not allowed on the property during non-business hours.