Mountaintop Picnic Packages
MOUNTAINTOP PICNIC PACKAGES *| ON SALE NOW HERE
Please call 518-636-3699 Ext. 0 for a Reservation Specialist if you are unable to book online.
What’s better than some fresh air and a mountaintop picnic at West Mountain now open weekends until October 15. West Mountain’s popular Mountaintop Picnic Packages include a scenic chair ride to the top of the mountain complete with a picnic lunch packaged beautifully in a picnic basket. Enjoy picnicking at one of the many scenic picnic locations while taking in the stunning views of the Adirondack and Vermont mountains and the Hudson River Valley region. Picnickers can also hike on our mixed-use trails. New this summer, we have added a wine (or beer) and charcuterie picnic package for adults 21+. Pre-book picnics online in advance prior to visit to be guaranteed a spot. Picnics can be picked up at the ticket window between 11am-2pm. Menu options are below.
2023 Scenic Picnic + Scenic Chairlift Ride (all day) Rates Per Person:
$25 (12yrs and under), $35 (13yrs +), $40 (21+) for Wine (or beer) & Charcuterie
If you already have an RFID West Express Card, please RELOAD HERE using the WTP number located on the card.
All lunches are prepared daily in-house by our executive chef. Pick up your packed picnic basket between 11am-2pm at the ticket window. Basket return is located at the front desk.
For information on discounted group activities (class field trips, team building, birthday parties and more), please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All group reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance. We also offer boxed lunches for groups.
Lunch Menu Options (13+)
- Vegetable wrap (gluten free) – Peppers, Carrots, Cucumbers, Lettuce and Tomato with an herbed cream cheese or hummus.
- Turkey and Cheddar Sandwich – Roasted turkey, local cheddar, with lettuce and tomato
- Honey Ham and Swiss Sandwich – Honey ham, local Swiss cheese, with lettuce and tomato
- Roast beef and Cheddar Sandwich – Roast beef, aged cheddar with lettuce and tomato
- Lunches come with a bag of chips, an apple, a large cookie, and a bottled water
- Additional beverages (soda and juice) and alcohol (wine, beer & spiked seltzer) can be purchased separately onsite.
Lunch Menu Options (12 and Under)
- PB&J – Strawberry jam with peanut butter
- Turkey and Cheddar Sandwich – Roasted turkey, local cheddar
- Honey Ham and Swiss Sandwich – Honey ham, local Swiss cheese
- Roast beef and Cheddar Sandwich – Roast beef, local cheddar.
- Lunches come with bag of chips and cookies, apple, and a bottled water
- Additional beverages (soda and juice) can be purchased separately onsite.
Wine (or beer) and Charcuterie (21 and Over)
- Assortment of cheese
- Assortment of sausage
- Assortment of crackers
- Assortment of grapes
- A cookie
- An apple
- A small bottle of wine
- A disposable glass
- A bottled water
Hiking Trail Options & Lunch Spots:
- Book in advance
- Children must be old enough to sit up next to an adult on the chairlift
- All lunches are prepared daily in-house by our executive chef. Pick up your packed picnic basket between 11am-2pm at the ticket window. Basket return is located at the front desk.
- Last chair down is at 3:45pm
- Present email confirmation at ticket window for access band and picnic pickup (11am-2pm).
**Beginning in 22-23, we will be charging an RFID card fee. There will be an additional replacement fee if the card is lost, stolen, etc. Please make sure to have your RFID card on you to access the lift. RFID cards can be reloaded online at westmountain.com for future visits.
OUR HEALTH MEASURES
Since your well-being is at the heart of our concerns, several health measures are in place and we ask for your cooperation to meet the State of New York's recommendations as they are a priority. We remain attentive to developments and operations could vary rapidly depending on the situation.
Read more about our Mountain Safety initiatives here.