OVER 20 CROSS-COUNTRY AND DOWNHILL TRAILS | CLOSED FOR 2020 SEASON
Come and Mountain Bike at West Mountain to get your downhill thrills. West Mountain’s Bike Park has over 20 Cross-Country and Downhill trails for amazing riding. New this season, riders can expect to see more bumps, jumps, bridges and new trail signage. Take the West Express Chairlift to the top and let your wheels do the rest. Riders are welcome to bring their own bikes. West Mountain offers Scott mountain bike rentals (pricing below).
2020 Rates: $20 (12yrs and under), $30 (13yrs +)
Our rental fleet includes Scott downhill and cross-country bike rentals (limited in quantity). We also carry helmet and protective gear rentals. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a rental bike 24hrs in advance of your trip. In order to hold the bike, we will need payment at booking. View our rental fleet here:
Summer 2020 Rentals
|Cross-Country Dual Suspension Bike Rental||$45 plus tax|
|Enduro Downhill Bike Rental||$55 plus tax|
|Downhill Gambler Bike Rental||$60 plus tax|
|Youth 24″ Hardtail Bike Rental||$30 plus tax|
|Elbow Pads||$8 plus tax|
|Knee Pads||$8 plus tax|
|Shin Guards||$8 plus tax|
|Goggles||$6 plus tax|
|XC Helmet Rental||$12 plus tax|
|Full-face Helmet Rental||$25 plus tax|
|Damage Insurance (Required with bike rentals)||$15|
*Includes full face helmet goggles shin guards elbow guards and knee pads
- COVID-19: Masks are required for loading/unloading lift, when indoors for any reason, and when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- All guests must have a signed waiver to receive a ticket or access band to participate in all activities.
- Uphill travel is only allowed on the property during summer operational hours and requires a summer season pass or day ticket.
- All chairlift riders/hikers need to wear appropriate athletic footwear.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- All children under 18 must have a signed waiver by a parent and/or legal guardian.
- Keep the mountain clean. Do not litter. Throw all garbage in garbage cans.
- Smoking of any kind is not allowed on the property.
- Pets are not allowed.
West Mountain Code
Skiers, riders and ski lift passengers are governed by the New York State Safety in Skiing Code, Article 18 of the New York General Obligations Law. Before affixing and using your pass or allowing any pass to be affixed to your person, your attention is directed to the following: Skiing can be enjoyed in many ways… At ski areas you may see people using alpine, snowboard, telemark and other specialized ski equipment, such as that used by disabled or other skiers. Regardless of how you decide to enjoy the slopes, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Observe the code listed below and share with other skiers the responsibility for a great skiing experience.
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Use devices to prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
This is a partial list. Be safety conscious. Ski & Ride With Caution & Common Sense
West Mountain encompasses hundreds of acres of both gentle and steep terrain. Skiing and riding are exciting, challenging participant sports that often present dangers and inherent risks, including but not limited to trees, uneven terrain, changing conditions, bare and or icy spots, natural and man-made objects, snowmaking equipment that may or may not be operating, and other skiers, snowboarders or people using the slopes. Some slopes and gladed areas are not groomed or equipped with snowmaking. While skiing, USE CAUTION and abide by the Responsibility Code and NYS Article 18, posted around West Mountain. If you cannot accept these inherent risks of skiing and riding, we ask that you not ski or ride at West Mountain. Remember, safe skiing and sliding is everyone’s responsibility; It’s The Law
Do not ski/ride/bike/hike/climb alone. Be safe, wear a helmet when engaging in activities at West Mountain. Know your ability and do not try to exceed it. If in doubt, seek help. You can always ask a mountain attendant for assistance or walk your bike down. Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or cannot be seen by other mountain users. Be aware of others on our mixed use trails. Observe all CLOSED TRAIL signs, barriers and caution ropes. Do not ski/ride/hike off designated trails. Do not disturb animals or plants on the mountain. No fires are allowed on West Mountain property. Skiing, Riding, Tubing, Hiking, Mountain Biking or any other activity are not allowed on the property during non-business hours.